We are here to awaken
from the illusion of our separateness.
-Thich Nhat Hanh
What is Global Education?
- A global education incorporates learning about cultures, geographies, histories, and current issues of all the world's regions, emphasizing interconnectedness and diversity. Students use their skills to engage with global peers and highlight actions they can take as citizens of the world.
- Globally competent students
- investigate the world
- recognize diverse perspectives
- communicate ideas
- take action
- Global Education is important in every community! We are more connected today than ever in our history. We face issues today on a global scale that we cannot solve solely within our community; however, we can act to solve local issues to create empowerment within our students that will have a ripple effect.
- Prescott Unified School District has long recognized the interconnectedness of our schools to our local community, our state, and beyond. Already we have programs that connect classrooms in one school to those in another within our district. In addition, our students connect with community members via multiple programs as well as with other parts of the world through programs like our Japan Club's annual trip to Japan.
- It is my intention that this guide can help to support school staff who are looking to broaden the scope of their classroom by introducing global competencies to skills their students can do. Resources listed here are by no means comprehensive, but are a launch pad for the global education journey of other interested people.
- An overview of the Fulbright Teachers for Global Education program can be found here.
- The STUDY tab above has links to recommendations for technology integration.
- The TEACH tab above will provide global education resources to get you started, examples of globalized lesson plans, and resources for globalizing curriculum.
- The TRAVEL tab above will link you to my travel blog about my Fulbright TGC International Field Experience in June-July 2019.
- The ABOUT tab above will tell you a bit about me and my interests.